Generates the optimal schedule by typically consuming passenger and/or freight demand and rates/fares from a revenue management system and incorporating user specified costs (fuel, maintenance, landing fees,etc.) and operational constraints (airport curfews, aircraft range, minimum ground time,etc.)
This module optimizes a schedule with the objective of maximizing revenues for the entire network. Some features include:
- Seamlessly consuming demand and rate/fare values from Revenue management (RTS ProfitOpt (or flat-files for clients without ProfitOpt)) that have been adjusted to account for impact due to schedule changes
- Maximizing profit for passenger, cargo and hybrid carriers by optimally allocation aircraft to flights after considering demand, fares and multiple cost components including aircraft maintenance costs, landing fees, etc.
- TARGET PRICE – understand the costs of carrying shipments from origin to destination along a route based on aircraft, stops, distance, fuel, and handling and calculating target price based on target profit margins
- Supporting a wide variety of operational constraints including core ones like flight coverage, aircraft continuity, aircraft count, balance as well as those pertaining to maintenance requirements, airport curfew, slot availability, minimum and maximum aircraft utilization, etc.
This module provides users a convenient way of viewing and manipulating their active schedules in a user friendly manner through the use of an intuitive graphical user interface.
Some of the key features include:
- Ability to consume schedules of the host as well as competitor airlines in a variety of formats including SSIM , Excel, etc.
- View and compare entire schedules as well as through filters that enable users to focus on specific schedule components
- Edit an existing schedule
- Specify aircraft turns using methodologies including FIFO/LIFO (both at network and airport level)
- Support for codeshares and DST adjustments
- Highlighting schedule infeasibilities to users
- Publishing schedules internally to Reservation Systems as well as externally to Global Distribution Systems
Can evaluate a given schedule in terms of overall network revenue or contribution. This will identify bottleneck flights and flights with low load factors. It also identifies demand that has been spilled. This helps to identify equipment swaps, opportunities for code share, increase frequencies, and/or supplement the network with lease aircraft or trucking (in the case of freight). The information from Schedule Analyzer can be used for revenue planning and budgeting.
Includes reports on flight utilization, flights on time performance, station activity, etc. that provide schedule related critical business insight.
Can consume schedules in Excel and SSIM formats and publish optimized SSIM file back to Reservations and GD S systems.
RTS® SchedOpt will enable airlines to achieve significant incremental revenue. In addition to the financial benefits, airlines will realize benefits such as increase in productivity, up-to-date availability of data, consistency in decision making, and improved response time.
- Cost-Effective Solution
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface
- Sophisticated Optimization
- Business Intelligence
- Technology Advantage
The software is a web based application built on SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), where it exposes a lightweight thin layer that can be launched within a web browser without any software installation on the client machines as well as on mobile phones and tablets. Which means you only require to launch any of the popular browsers such as IE , Chrome, Firefox and even Safari from any device of your choice and can work with this solution. The solution is robust, secure, scalable as well as mobile friendly. The software can be locally installed within the carrier’s IT environment or hosted by RTS. The application enables easy integration with third party systems using web services.